The Parish Council has started the formal process to develop a neighbourhood development plan for Tollerton, following the examples of Keyworth, East Leake and Radcliffe.
The neighbourhood plan is a legal document that will help Tollerton to shape future land use until at least 2034, including the relationship between the existing village, homes and the new housing developments.
The formal process to develop a plan can take several years to complete and includes regular consultation, legal examination of the draft plan and a referendum of the community to approve it.
97% of residents responding to the Parish Plan consultation supported the development of a neighbourhood plan for Tollerton and the Parish Council had completed the first step of notifying Rushcliffe Borough Council of the area that the plan should cover.
There are a number of stages that the neighbourhood plan has to go through before it can be completed. These are listed below. Residents interested in getting involved are encouraged to get in touch by emailing us
|1. Consult on starting a plan – Spring 2016
– Support of 97% of respondents
– Parish plan priorities for Tollerton refreshed and updated
|2. Designate plan area – Summer / Autumn 2016
– Parish council applied to Rushcliffe for all of Tollerton parish to be included in the plan area
– Neighbourhood plan area ‘designated’ by Rushcliffe Borough Council
|3. Detailed consultation – Spring 2017
– consultation on community views and preferences for what should be included in the plan launched on 1 March concluding in June 2017
– consultation advertised widely and open to all including residents, businesses and local groups.
|4. Gather evidence base and draft neighbourhood plan for Tollerton
– Evidence base being gathered and supporting studies undertaken to inform the drafting of the plan
|5. Statutory 6 week consultation on draft plan – spring 2022
|6. Review by Rushcliffe Borough Council|
|7. Independent Examination
|9. Adoption by Rushcliffe Borough Council|
Membership of the Neighbourhood Plan Working Group
The Neighbourhood Plan is being led by a group of residents supported by the Parish Council. As a long running project the membership of the group has changed over time. The current membership of the group includes:
- Peter Foale – Chair
- Matt Garrard – Vice Chair
- Alex Ball
- Andrea Beyer
- Chrissie Firth
- Andy Penn
- Tracy Longworth
- Julian Smith*
- Parma Somal*
- All Parish Councillors invited