Residents and visitors will find an abundance of facilities within Tollerton from party venues to playgrounds, great local shops and our community owned pub.
In recent years Tollerton has benefitted from investment from residents and the Parish Council to create great family friendly facilities.
We have a public park, a succesful community owned pub, recycling facilities and a community book exchange located in the traditional red telephone box in the village centre.
Tollerton School provides a great start for children and young people and there are many groups and clubs for residents of all ages to get involved with.
Sport and Play
Tollerton has great facilities for sports, exercise and play at the Open Space on Lothian Road, including floodlit five a side, the first interactive play equipment in Rushcliffe and adjustable outdoor gym equipment to suit all abilities.
Find out more about the facilities and opening times.
Clubs, groups and organisations in Tollerton
Village life is thriving in Tollerton with plenty of opportunities to get involved. Our residents organise uniformed groups, recreational activities and sporting clubs, plus our highly successful annual village fayre.
Find out more about our community groups.
A Community Pub
In 2020 our residents purchased the freehold of our village pub – the Air Hostess.
The pub now operates as a freehouse with a mission to be best for beer, food and families.
The pub is owned by the community, with nearly 400 shareholders – shares are also available for new residents to purchase.
Find out more about our community pub.
We have some great local businesses in Tollerton, whether its hair, beauty, glassware, paintings, cars, takeaway, post, pets, pubs or paintings, our local businesses and services are important to Tollerton residents.
We are fortunate as a community to retain a post office with many villages of similar size no longer having this facility. Not only does the post office serve our personal needs but it also supports our local businesses, arranges deliveries and returns and provides access to banking locally.
In Tollerton we also have:
- A Village newsletter is circulated to every home in Tollerton at the beginning of each month and can be used to advertise services, businesses and events. Contact Village News for more details.
- Notice boards throughout the village can be used to advertise local events, groups and causes. Access can be arranged by contacting the parish council. For more information on conditions of use…
- Defibrillators can be found large yellow boxes in/adjacent to the two red telephone boxes in the village. To access/use the defibrillators please dial 999 for the combination code. The defibrillators can be found adjacent to:
– Parish Rooms, Village Centre, Burnside Grove, NG12 4ES
– St Peter’s Church/War Memorial/Tollerton Hall, Tollerton Lane, NG12 4FW
- Tollerton Allotments provide growing space for residents close to the Grantham canal.
- A free Cash machine is available at the Shell garage and banking services are available at the Post Office on Melton Road.
Hire a venue
Find out how to hire a venue in Tollerton for meetings, courses and groups.
All of our meeting spaces have access to parking and locally based caterers and suppliers familiar with our venues.