As the current conditions around COVID 19 continue to evolve we are providing information on what this means for activities and services in Tollerton.
Tollerton Parish Council
Parish Council meetings – the functioning of the parish council is dependent upon democratic decision making and meetings will continue whilst practicable or unless directed otherwise. Agenda and minutes will be published on our website and the village centre notice board.
Annual Parish Council Meeting – is a key meeting for the Council in May and will go ahead whilst practicable.
Annual Parishioners Meeting – is a legal requirement for May. This year the meeting was due to feature a guest speaker on setting up a community / micro brewery.
This talk will be deferred and the meeting will be rescheduled if Government legislation approves this.
Tollerton Community Trust
- Charity – Village Fayre – The village fayre is three months away and may be at risk. Current Government advice talks about weeks, possibly months and any decisions on the Village Fayre will be taken in light of evolving guidance from the Government.
- Flying Club – The refurbished Air Hostess was due to reopen at the beginning of April but current advice is to avoid social gatherings. Pubs are not prevented from opening and it will be for the new tenants to determine when they wish to initiate trading. It is a matter of choice for them and their customers. The next phase of building work is due for completion at the end of May. Launch events/parties will be reconsidered after this time based on advice at that point.
Shops and Services
Post Office open for all usual services including food and supplies, post and banking, cash machine etc. Some possible afternoon closures for restocking.
Shell filling station closed for refurbishment
Charde Oriental open as usual and has a takeaway / delivery service
Chocks Away open as usual
St Peter’s Church services as advertised
Education and Childcare
Tollerton School is currently open and is providing updates directly to parents
Tollerton Playgroup is currently open and is providing updates directly to parents
Other groups suspending meetings
- Messy Church – Paused until further notice
- Tollerton Rainbows – Paused until further notice
- Tollerton Brownies – Paused until further notice
- Tollerton Beavers, Cubs and Scouts – Paused until further notice
- Circle of friends – Paused until further notice
- Knit and natter – Paused until further notice
- Lent courses – Paused until further notice
- Gardening club – Paused until further notice
- VE Day Celebrations – are currently unlikely to go ahead