The Tollerton Community Trust is changing the way that it works to become a membership organisation.
The Trust currently supports fundraising, local causes and volunteering in Tollerton, including organising the Annual Village Fayre. By offering membership of the Trust we plan to support a wider range of charitable activity in Tollerton and support setting up the Air Hostess as a Community Pub.
In July the Parish Council as trustees of the Community Trust will consider proposals to establish the Trust as a Charitable Incorporated Organisation.
The Trust will act as a charitable body for the advancement of
- citizenship and community development, including the promotion of volunteering, fund raising events and community events
- the Arts, Culture, heritage or science including preservation of historic tradition and buildings
- Amateur Sport
- Environmental Protection and the green belt
- Religion including the provision and maintenance of place of worship
- other charitable purposes including: the provision of facilities for recreation and other leisure-time occupation
Information on how to join the Trust – as an individual or as a club/group – will be launched later in the Summer.