- Base location: Parish Rooms, Burnside Grove, Tollerton
- Salary: Local government salary scale 1 – £17,842 per annum pro rata (£9.27 per hour), plus aligned local government benefits and annual leave
- Hours: Part time – 8 hours per week flexible (Initial one-year fixed contract from 1 April)
- Responsible to: Executive Officer
- Overall responsibility of the role is to carry out general maintenance and repairs around the village, as directed by the Executive Officer. The role is part time for 8 hours per week (hours flexible as agreed with Executive Officer) but some variation will be needed depending on the weather, season and project requirements. Required tools will be supplied and fuel mileage allowance.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Litter picking, sweeping and leaf clearance
- Weeding, deadheading and watering of village plants
- Trimming/strimming verges, vegetation and grass repair
- Maintenance/cleaning/painting of street furniture/fencing/road markings
- Gritting and snow clearance
- Erection of event items/signage e.g. xmas lights, remembrance poppies
- Handling basic repairs/maintenance and routine inspections of premises and equipment
- Assisting the Lengthsman (Open Space) with duties to cover annual leave
- Plus, other reasonable adhoc village maintenance/repair tasks.
- The role holder must have a full UK drivers licence, proven maintenance experience/skills and should be capable of carrying out all physical duties of the post, with reasonable adjustment if necessary.
- The Groundsman will work independently/proactively and submit timesheets to the Executive Officer, along with regular task progress reporting against agreed plans and actions for full council.
- The role holder will be expected (and receive support) to undertake any required training, ensuring all duties are carried out safely within Health and Safety regulations.
- Whilst working around the village the Groundsman should provide a high level of professionalism and customer service to all.
- Ability to be proactive and prioritise work in an efficient organised manner.
Please email a covering letter and CV by the closing date of: 21st February to: firstname.lastname@example.org (interviews will commence from w/c 22nd Feb)