Notice that an extra ordinary meeting of Tollerton Parish Council will be held on Wednesday 13 May at 8pm, to be held online in accordance with The Local Authorities and Police and Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authority and Police and Crime Panel Meetings) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020.
The meeting will take place using video conferencing through Microsoft Teams. Residents, parishioners and press wishing to observe the meeting should contact the Executive Officer and Clerk to the Council to receive an online invite by 9am on the day of the meeting.
- Declarations of Interest
- Minutes of the last meeting
- Chairman’s announcements including etiquette for online meetings
- Temporary changes to the Standing Orders to support online meetings – for agreement
a. to note The Local Authorities and Police and Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authority and Police and Crime Panel Meetings) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020, and that the regulations will take precedent over existing provisions in the Council’s Standing Orders until 7 May 2021 in particular but not limited to the regulations to permit online meetings; not to require annual council meetings; and not to require annual parish meetings.
b. to agree the following changes to the Standing Orders for the duration of the regulations (until 7 May 2021) to support the management of online meetings :
– standing order 21 add at the beginining “At the discretion of councillors or the chairman” – to provide an option to not include public speaking on the agenda if not appropriate to the meeting
– standing order 39 add at the end “Where a meeting is held online this could also include the remote muting of microphones, online exclusion from meetings or reconvening meetings on different date/online platform/channel” – to provide clarity of specific options relevant to disruption of online meetings.
6. To consider the impacts of Covid 19 in Tollerton and agree plans for the (detail to follow)
a. Restitution of services
b. Community recovery
c. Progression of Parish and Neighbourhood Plans
7. Application for funding for Locality: Neighbourhood Planning Grant and appointment of Urban Imprint – for agreement
8. Appointment of conveyancers: To identify and agree the appointment of converyancers for the purchase of land
9. Review of online meeting platform (Teams) compared to other technology – to agree technology for subsequent meetings
10. Open session (subject to item 5b)
This Extra-ordinary Meeting of the Parish Council is called on 29 April 2020 by
Councillor Matt Garrard
Chairman of the Parish Council