- Base location: Parish Rooms, Burnside Grove, Tollerton
- Salary: Local government salary scale 1 (based on experience), plus aligned local government benefits and annual leave
- Hours: Part time – flexible hours (Initial one-year fixed contract)
- Responsible to: Executive Officer of the Parish Council
- Overall responsibility of the role is to carry out general maintenance and repairs around the village, as directed by the Executive Officer. The role is part time (hours flexible as agreed with Executive Officer) but some variation will be needed depending on the weather, season and project requirements. Required tools will be supplied and fuel mileage allowance.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Maintenance/cleaning/painting of street furniture/fencing/road markings
- Handling basic repairs/maintenance and routine inspections of council premises and equipment
- Weeding, deadheading and watering of village plants
- Trimming/strimming verges, vegetation and grass repair
- Gritting and snow clearance
- Assistance with event set-up/signage e.g. xmas lights, remembrance poppies
- Litter picking, sweeping and leaf clearance
- Assisting the Lengthsman of the Open Space with duties to cover annual leave
- Plus, other reasonable adhoc village maintenance/repair tasks.
- The role holder must have a full UK drivers licence, proven DIY/maintenance experience/skills and should be capable of carrying out all physical duties of the post, with reasonable adjustment if necessary.
- The Groundsman will work independently/proactively and submit timesheets to the Executive Officer, along with regular task progress reporting against agreed plans and actions for full council.
- The role holder will be expected (and receive support) to undertake any required training, ensuring all duties are carried out safely within Health and Safety regulations/risk assessments.
- Whilst working around the village representing the council the Groundsman should provide a high level of professionalism and customer service to all.
- Ability to be proactive and prioritise work in an efficient organised manner.
Please email a covering letter and CV to: email@example.com